My mother-in-law came to visit this summer to spend some time with her grandchildren before they head off back to school. While here she found a few things that need fixed that I simply didn't pay any attention too. One being the front door deadbolt sticking. So what could I do? I fixed it!
The first thing for anyone to know is that locks have very tight tolerances and the smallest amount of dirt can destroy the workings. Because of this you have to remember to never use anything that can attract and trap dirt. WD40, sillicon, or any kind of oil.
The best and only thing that you should ever use is graphite. Graphite will work itself in to every nook and cranny so no room is left for dirt and grim. Graphite is a super fine particle that remains slick when used on metal. This makes it perfect for any kind of door lock.
No comments:
Post a Comment